Friday, March 2, 2012

Thames, early spring.


I walked to the Thames! Here's the proof. Was wonderful to wander down past all the old locks, canal barges and ancient brick work.  Not to mention dodging priests on bikes, runners and all the general loiterers.  Actually, I'm the only one loitering along, everyone else appears to be moving from one point to the next in a fairly brisk manner.

Limehouse basin was interesting, it was the old Regent's Canal port that connected England with the greater world from the early 19th century.  As I looked south, behind me stood the world's second oldest public transport rail arches, built in 1840, now used for the Docklands railway.   This was my 2nd, two hour walk in two days.  I'm finally getting my exploring hat on to discover more about this astounding city.  In the past few days I've come to realize how much I love the place, and wow, I've been here 3 years?


No comments:

Post a Comment