Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rounding off the South End beach post, we have...


The owner of the Rose Restaurant, Marine Parade, who beguiled us with stories of the business's beginnings at the turn of the 20th Century.


The fish, chips and bizarrely cooked peas that I almost brought up again after the roller coaster at the beach. (Partly in thanks to a brilliant practical joke played on me by Daniel - who told me just before we got on that one of the seat fasteners had sprung open on a ride before us, and to illustrate this terrible story, the ride's engineers were in fact clambering over the spare roller coaster car with spanners etc and fiddling with one of the seats). I got through the ride in a state of high fear that I was about to flung out! Felt very ill for quite a while.



The lovely Emily in her Chanel stripes for the seaside.


No comments:

Post a Comment